(got; 〔美、古〕 gotten; getting)
1.獲得；賺得；贏得，博得，取得。 get a first prize 獲得頭獎。 get a lot of money 得到許多錢。 get more than one bargained for 得到意外收獲；碰到意外不愉快的事。 get a living 謀生。 get fame [credit, glory] 獲得名譽[信任、榮譽]。 get knowledge 獲取知識。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Our new manager is very easy to get on with .
- "somebody's got to die," he agreed .
- I do not relish having to get up so early .
- Why are you perpetually getting into debt ?
- It 's getting colder and colder from now on .
- a return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
- make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
同義詞：beget, engender, father, mother, sire, generate, bring forth
- undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
同義詞：suffer, sustain, have
- be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness; "He got AIDS"; "She came down with pneumonia"; "She took a chill"
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
同義詞：grow, develop, produce, acquire
- give certain properties to something; "get someone mad"; "She made us look silly"; "He made a fool of himself at the meeting"; "Don''t make this into a big deal"; "This invention will make you a millionaire"; "Make yourself clear"
- cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- enter or assume a certain state or condition; "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!"
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action; "We began working at dawn"; "Who will start?"; "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"; "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"; "He began early in the day"; "Let''s get down to work now"
同義詞：get down, begin, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
同義詞：receive, find, obtain, incur
- grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of; "did you catch that allusion?"; "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"; "don''t catch your meaning"; "did you get it?"; "She didn''t get the joke"; "I just don''t get him"
- be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
同義詞：perplex, vex, stick, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound
- reach by calculation; "What do you get when you add up these numbers?"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
同義詞：induce, stimulate, cause, have, make
- move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?"
- communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone; "Bill called this number and he got Mary"; "The operator couldn''t get Kobe because of the earthquake"
- take vengeance on or get even; "We''ll get them!"; "That''ll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
同義詞：pay back, pay off, fix
- succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase; "We finally got the suspect"; "Did you catch the thief?"
- reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot; "the rock caught her in the back of the head"; "The blow got him in the back"; "The punch caught him in the stomach"
- go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat"
同義詞：bring, convey, fetch
- attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
- overcome or destroy; "The ice storm got my hibiscus"; "the cat got the goldfish"
- earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher; "He drew a base on balls"
- apprehend and reproduce accurately; "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"; "She got the mood just right in her photographs"
- evoke an emotional response; "Brahms''s `Requiem'' gets me every time"
- irritate; "Her childish behavior really get to me"; "His lying really gets me"
同義詞：get under one''s skin
- reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress; "She arrived home at 7 o''clock"; "She didn''t get to Chicago until after midnight"
- reach and board; "She got the bus just as it was leaving"
- leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form; "Scram!"
同義詞：scram, buzz off, fuck off, bugger off
- go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
同義詞：experience, receive, have
- receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
- suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!"
- perceive by hearing; "I didn''t catch your name"; "She didn''t get his name when they met the first time"
- purchase; "What did you get at the toy store?"
- come into the possession of something concrete or abstract; "She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"; "They acquired a new pet"; "Get your results the next day"; "Get permission to take a few days off from work"
- achieve a point or goal; "Nicklaus had a 70"; "The Brazilian team got 4 goals"; "She made 29 points that day"
- acquire as a result of some effort or action; "You cannot get water out of a stone"; "Where did she get these news?"