(helped, 〔古語〕 holp; helped; 〔古語〕 holpen )
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- He had been too proud to ask for help .
- I will help you for your sister 's sake .
- There was no help for it but to yield again .
- You may ask anybody here for help .
- No help from a trim device is assumed .
- the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
同義詞：aid, assist, assistance
- a means of serving; "of no avail"; "there''s no help for it"
- a resource; "visual aids in teaching"
- a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
同義詞：assistant, helper, supporter
- improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
- improve; change for the better; "New slipcovers will help the old living room furniture"
- help to some food; help with food or drink; "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- take or use; "She helped herself to some of the office supplies"
- give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- contribute to the furtherance of; "This money will help the development of literacy in developing countries"
- abstain from doing; always used with a negative; "I can''t help myself--I have to smoke"; "She could not help watching the sad spectacle"
- be of use; "This will help to prevent accidents"
Help is any form of assistance.