1.輸入；進口；引進 (opp. export)。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- He imports machines from germany and japan .
- She argued for the restricting of imports .
- The import of twenty-five dollars a week !
- It imports little whether we are early or late .
- He imports calculators , computers and robots .
- commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
- having important effects or influence; "decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself"; "virtue is of more moment than security"; "that result is of no consequence"
- a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred; "the significance of his remark became clear only later"; "the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
- the message that is intended or expressed or signified; "what is the meaning of this sentence"; "the significance of a red traffic light"; "the signification of Chinese characters"; "the import of his announcement was ambiguous"
同義詞：meaning, significance, signification
- an imported person brought from a foreign country; "the lead role was played by an import from Sweden"; "they are descendants of indentured importees"
- indicate or signify; "I''m afraid this spells trouble!"
- transfer (electronic data) into a database or document
- bring in from abroad
The term import is derived from the conceptual meaning as the goods and services into the port of a country. The buyer of such goods and services is referred to an "importer" who is based in the country of import where the overseas based seller is referred to as an "exporter".