- intermediate: adj. 中間的，居間的。 The ...
- host: 短語和例子 host3 n. 1.一 ...
- first intermediate host: 第一中間宿主
- The primary intermediate hosts for this spirochete are deer ticks belonging to the genus ixodes
- Who is the only hook tapeworm final host , the pigs are taenia solium one of the intermediate host
- Though other biting insects may be intermediate hosts for b . burgdorferi , they were found to have an insignificant role in the spread of lyme disease
- Swine is the only animal which can be infected by either avian or human original influenza viruses , and c an be considered as the intermediate host for the process of genetic reassortments between viruses of different hosts
- For active lyme infection to occur in dog or man , b . burgdorferi requires an intermediate host ; that is , the disease cannot be directly transmitted from one host to another through contact with infected body secretions such as blood , saliva , urine , etc
- a host that is used by a parasite in the course of its life cycle
A secondary host or intermediate host is a host that harbors the parasite only for a short transition period, during which (usually) some developmental stage is completed. For trypanosomes, the cause of sleeping sickness, humans are the secondary host, while the tsetse fly is the primary host, given that it has been shown that reproduction occurs in the insect.