- be the key to: 對......至關重要
- key in: 插上; 鍵盤輸入; 鍵入; 輸入
- key on: 接通用鍵固定
- We were thus the key to global security .
- I got into a real flap when i lost my keys .
- This is a key point that is often overlooked .
- Don't butcher that song by singing off key .
- Walkie-talkies would be issued to key people .
- serving as an essential component; "a cardinal rule"; "the central cause of the problem"; "an example that was fundamental to the argument"; "computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure"
同義詞：cardinal, central, fundamental, primal
- harmonize with or adjust to; "key one''s actions to the voters'' prevailing attitude"
- regulate the musical pitch of
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
同義詞：identify, discover, key out, distinguish, describe, name
- vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key; "His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- provide with a key; "We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock''s mechanism can be rotated
- a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
- the central building block at the top of an arch or vault
- mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock)
- pitch of the voice; "he spoke in a low key"
- something crucial for explaining; "the key to development is economic integration"
- a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access; "a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
- a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
- a list of answers to a test; "some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
- any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint"
- a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida
同義詞：cay, Florida key
- a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple
同義詞：samara, key fruit
- a kilogram of a narcotic drug; "they were carrying two keys of heroin"