- Our work leaves much to be desired .
- The leaves were roaring like the sea .
- He leaves a widow and two children .
- Sunlight percolated through the thick leaves .
- The leaves of the book were yellowing with age .
- hinged or detachable flat section (as of a table or door)
- a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
- the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants
A leaf is an organ of a vascular plant, as defined in botanical terms, and in particular in plant morphology. Foliage is a mass noun that refers to leaves as a feature of plants.