- I will have to check the entries in the ledger .
- Miss ledger looked troubled .
- The young man bowed his head and bent over his ledger again .
- I had a notion yesterday-yes, if it could be worked out-i asked miss ledger to look into it .
- In addition to the head accountant bookkeepers on the staff post the transaction in the various ledgers and guest accounts .
A ledgerFrom the English dialect forms liggen or leggen, to lie or lay; in sense adapted from the Dutch substantive legger) is the principal book or computer file for recording and totaling monetary transactions by account, with debits and credits in separate columns and a beginning balance and ending balance for each account.