- vertical loom hautelisse loom: 立經式地毯織機
- inkle loom; ribbon loom; webbing loom: 織帶機
- asbestos loom: 石棉知布機; 石棉織機
- He was haunted by his looming perils .
- A dark mass of trees loomed in the distance ...
- International lending has often loomed large .
- I will sit at my loom and weave the web .
- Some hills loomed in the distance .
- a textile machine for weaving yarn into a textile
- weave on a loom; "materials loomed in Egypt"
- appear very large or occupy a commanding position; "The huge sculpture predominates over the fountain"; "Large shadows loomed on the canyon wall"
同義詞：tower, predominate, hulk
- come into view indistinctly, often threateningly; "Another air plane loomed into the sky"
- hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing; "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
同義詞：brood, hover, bulk large
A loom is a device used to weave cloth. The basic purpose of any loom is to hold the warp threads under tension to facilitate the interweaving of the weft threads.