(行政兼司法的)長官[地方長官、市長等]；治安法庭法官。 the Chief [First] M- 君主，元首，總統。 a civil [judicial] magistrate行政[司法]官。 a Police M- 違警罪法庭法官。
-ship magistrate 的職務[地位、任期]。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- The magistrate must commit him to prison .
- He set to work to draft his statement to the magistrate .
- How dare you bully a magistrate ?
- It may be done under a warrant granted by a magistrate .
- The magistrates shivered under a single bite of his finger .
- a lay judge or civil authority who administers the law (especially one who conducts a court dealing with minor offenses)
A magistrate is an officer of the state; in modern usage the term usually refers to a judge. This was not always the case; in ancient Rome, a magistratus was one of the highest government officers and possessed both judicial and executive powers.