- The chairman adjourned the meeting for a week .
- There are four items on the agenda of the meeting .
- Two hundred odd were present at the meeting .
- I must go to the station to meet my friend ..
- The firm was not able to meet its obligations .
- the act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly"; "there was no meeting of minds"
同義詞：merging, coming together
- the social act of assembling for some common purpose; "his meeting with the salesmen was the high point of his day"
- a casual or unexpected convergence; "he still remembers their meeting in Paris"; "there was a brief encounter in the hallway"
- a formally arranged gathering; "next year the meeting will be in Chicago"; "the meeting elected a chairperson"
- a small informal social gathering; "there was an informal meeting in my living room"
- a place where things merge or flow together (especially rivers); "Pittsburgh is located at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers"