- Microorganisms have a wide taxonomic distribution .
- Microorganisms are ubiquitous .
- The throat and mouth support a variety of microorganisms .
- Microorganisms are the agents that bring about the chemical change .
- The idea of using microorganisms to control plant pests is not new .
- any organism of microscopic size
A microorganism (from the , mikrós, "small" and , organismós, "organism") or microbe is a microscopic organism, which may be a single cell or multicellular organism. The study of microorganisms is called microbiology, a subject that began with Anton van Leeuwenhoek's discovery of microorganisms in 1675, using a microscope of his own design.