[ 'mu:vmənt ] 發音: 用"movement"造句
- in movement: 收件
- in the movement: 隨著時代潮流
- in-movement: 橫向進給運動; 橫向進磨運動
- Historicism is a very old movement .
- This confused the whole underground movement .
- They collect funds to finance the movement .
- Playing basketball is a popular movement .
- They were watching her every movement .
- the act of changing location from one place to another; "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
- the act of changing the location of something; "the movement of cargo onto the vessel"
- a change of position that does not entail a change of location; "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility"
同義詞：motion, move, motility
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
同義詞：campaign, cause, crusade, drive, effort
- the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock); "it was an expensive watch with a diamond movement"
- a general tendency to change (as of opinion); "not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"; "a broad movement of the electorate to the right"
- a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata; "the second movement is slow and melodic"
- a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals; "he was a charter member of the movement"; "politicians have to respect a mass movement"; "he led the national liberation front"
同義詞：social movement, front
- an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object; "the cinema relies on apparent motion"; "the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"
同義詞：apparent motion, motion, apparent movement
- a euphemism for defecation; "he had a bowel movement"
同義詞：bowel movement, bm