- Museums are closed to the public on mondays .
- Someone stole a painting from the museum .
- The new museum is up and open to the public .
- The bus goes past the museum on the hour .
- I will meet you on the steps of the museum .
- a depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value
A museum is an institution that cares for (conserves) a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, cultural, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary.Edward Porter Alexander, Mary Alexander; Most large museums are located in major cities throughout the world and more local ones exist in smaller cities, towns and even the countryside.