- Have the police nailed the man who did it ?
- She was paring her nails with nail scissors .
- You've got to bite on the nail now .
- He was biting his nails in his nervousness .
- The box was corded, the card nailed on .
- a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
- horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
- a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
- complete a pass
- take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
同義詞：collar, apprehend, arrest, pick up, nab, cop
- attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
- hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
同義詞：smash, boom, blast
- locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
- succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
同義詞：breeze through, ace, pass with flying colors, sweep through, sail through
- succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
同義詞：nail down, peg