- 更多例句： 下一頁
- The whole office was at her wedding .
- Let us join in that tender office .
- There is nobody to staff the office today .
- A friend of mine is running for office .
- I can not get off the office treadmill .
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
同義詞：position, post, berth, spot, billet, place, situation
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
同義詞：function, part, role
- a religious rite or service prescribed by ecclesiastical authorities; "the offices of the mass"
- place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed; "he rented an office in the new building"
- an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
同義詞：agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, authority
- professional or clerical workers in an office; "the whole office was late the morning of the blizzard"
- (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; "being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage"; "during his first year in office"; "during his first year in power"; "the power of the president"
An office is generally a room or other area where people work, but may also denote a position within an organization with specific duties attached to it (see officer, office-holder, official); the latter is in fact an earlier usage, office as place originally referring to the location of one's duty. When used as an adjective, the term "office" may refer to business-related tasks.