- Operative reduction should be considered .
- The operative word was "real" .
- The surgeon must therefore assume that all operative wounds will contain bacteria .
- There is no unanimity among surgeons concerning the most effective and safest operative techniques .
- At such contacts the scale can slide up the asperity, so that the retched mechanism is not operative .
- being in force or having or exerting force; "operative regulations"; "the major tendencies operative in the American political system"
- relating to or requiring or amenable to treatment by surgery especially as opposed to medicine; "a surgical appendix"; "a surgical procedure"; "operative dentistry"
- (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing; "in running (or working) order"; "a functional set of brakes"
同義詞：running, functional, working
- effective; producing a desired effect; "the operative word"