- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Form an intention to do treasonable acts and manifest that intention by an overt act
- Treasonable offences - manifest the intention to levy war or instigate invasion by an overt act
- To be repealed express , utter or declare intention to levy war or stir invasion by any overt act
- Engaging in war . compass , imagine , invent , devise or intend to depose her majesty from any of her dominions by any overt act
- No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act , or on confession in open court . 2
In criminal law, an overt act (from the French adjective ouvert, open), an open act, one that can be clearly proved by evidence, and from which criminal intent can be inferred, as opposed to a mere intention in the mind to commit a crime. Therefore, it is an act that, while innocent per se, can potentially be used as evidence against someone during a trial to show his/her participation in a crime.