- oxbow: n. 〔美國〕U 字形牛頸彎；(河流 ...
- lake: vi. 血球溶解。 vt. 使(血液 ...
- cut-off lake (oxbow lake): 牛軛湖
- The trade - off problems arising from ecosystem modification is ubiquitous in sabah - absolutely polluted rivers , beautiful oxbow lakes eaten away by invasive alien freshwater hyacinths or salvinia molesta from south america and their resultant death through triplication , sedimentary blooms encroaching mangroves , coastal fishing grounds , unprecedented long and deeper flooding in the major river basins . take the ecosystem services away , mankind is as well dead . for instance , nutrient formation needed by man , water cycling , soil formation and soil retention , pollination of plants , resistance to invasive species , regulating climate and pests as well as pollution control by ecosystems are some of the critical ecosystem services
其實，沙巴最迷人的度假特色，還是周遭豐富繽紛的海底生態資源，馬來西亞7座海洋公園，就有4個位在沙巴沿海區域，包括亞庇西北165海里外的拉央拉央島layang - layang沙巴東南處的馬寶島mabul和卡巴賴島kapalai沙巴和汶萊灣岸外以北的納閩labuan ，以及亞庇海外由5座小島構成的東姑阿都拉曼國家公園tunku abdul rahman park islands 。
- a crescent-shaped lake (often temporary) that is formed when a meander of a river is cut off from the main channel
An oxbow lake is a U-shaped body of water formed when a wide meander from the main stem of a river is cut off to create a lake. This landform is called an oxbow lake for the distinctive curved shape, named after part of a yoke for oxen.