(pl. passers-by) 過路人，經過者。
- The most headless passer-by feels the depressing influences of a place .
- He sat patiently, holding me fast until a passer-by stopped and offered help .
- In the meantime , he cried , " help ! help ! " and told every passer-by that i would torture him to death .
- In the old days the passer-by could see that the owners of court leys were decent people; that they could not make both ends meet was a detail .
- Why should you think that beauty, which is the most precious thing in the world, lies like a stone on the beach for the careless passer-by to pick up idly ?