可憐的，悲哀的，憂郁的；哭訴的。 a plaintive melody 哀調。 a plaintive cry 哀鳴。adv.
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- There was a plaintive cry from a crushed passenger in the rear of the bus .
- Nehru himself sent the president a long and plaintive letter at the end of the month .
- Possibly picking up the scent of her young, she let out a high-pitched, plaintive whine .
- He accepted overbrook's next plaintive invitation, for an evening two weeks off .
- The hostess stopped, with a fork in her hand, as eliza's sweet and plaintive voice arrested her .
- expressing sorrow