( -d; -d, 〔古、美〕 proven )
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- This philosophy has been proved incorrect .
- He proved the existence of parallel lines .
- She wants to prove my point, you mean ?
- It will prove his historic mistake .
- Surely the crown lawyers must prove that .
- establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
同義詞：demonstrate, establish, show, shew
- prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
- obtain probate of; "prove a will"
- provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
同義詞：testify, bear witness, evidence, show
- take a trial impression of
- cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
- increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
同義詞：test, try, try out, examine, essay
- be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
同義詞：turn out, turn up