(pl. quail(s) )
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Speckled quails rustled in the underbrush .
- What they did to a sensitive stomach made seasoned sailors quail .
- The quail were walking around like pullets, seeming all dainty and unseen .
- The early silence was broken only by the calls of a covey of quail crossing the lawn .
- I had to stem a rapid rush of retrospective thought before i quailed to the dismal present .
- small gallinaceous game birds
- flesh of quail; suitable for roasting or broiling if young; otherwise must be braised
Quail is a collective name for several genera of mid-sized birds generally considered in the order Galliformes. Old World quail are found in the family Phasianidae, and New World quail are found in the family Odontophoridae.