[ kwentʃ ] 發音: 用"quench"造句
- alkaline quench: 堿驟冷法
- asynchronous quench: 異步抑制
- built-in quench: 裝入式淬火
- Experience had not quenched her youth .
- Oh , yes , the tea will quench your thirst .
- Distant water cannot quench a fire nearby .
- Mr. roosevelt's reply quenched my last hope .
- Having a bottle of soft drink is not enough to quench my thirst .
- cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid; "quench steel"
- reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
- suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
- satisfy (thirst); "The cold water quenched his thirst"
同義詞：slake, allay, assuage
- electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
- put out, as of fires, flames, or lights; "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained"; "quench the flames"; "snuff out the candles"
同義詞：snuff out, blow out, extinguish