- All the restless devils inside her were quietened by this silence and by the calm strength of this companion .
- Keep quiet , nancy , or i ' ii quieten you for a good iong time to come
- In most cases the captive gradually quietens down and begins to accept its food
- Just quieten your feelings and thoughts and try to stay in this peace
- Three engines would each drive three fans that are smaller and thus easier to quieten than current ones
- cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
同義詞：hush, silence, still, shut up, hush up
- make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
同義詞：calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, lull, still
- become quiet or quieter; "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
同義詞：hush, quiet, quiesce, quiet down, pipe down