- You can read this book in one sitting .
- I told him how i had read in the papers .
- The blacksmith was there reading the notice .
- She can not see to read without her glasses .
- She read a few lines and dropped the volume .
- one of a series of texts for students learning to read
- a public lecturer at certain universities
- someone who reads the lessons in a church service; someone ordained in a minor order of the Roman Catholic Church
- someone who reads proof in order to find errors and mark corrections
- a person who enjoys reading
- a person who can read; a literate person
- someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
- someone who contracts to receive and pay for a service or a certain number of issues of a publication