- Clare's life at the dairy had been that of a recluse in respect to the world of his own class .
- I had lived a placid, uneventful, sedentary existence all my days-the life of a scholar and a recluse on an assured and comfortable income .
- A recluse , a poet , an official - a study on the yuan poet song
- The old recluse was very cagey about her past life
- The old recluse secluded himself from the outside world
A recluse is a person who lives in voluntary seclusion from the public and society. The word is from the Latin recludere, which means "shut up" or "sequester.