(rose; risen ) (opp. fall, sink)
2.起身〔口語說 get up〕；起立，立起〔口語說 stand up〕，聳起；直立；浮起。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- She rose and took a tentative step backward .
- There is a new spirit rising in men .
- The mountain rises 6,000 feet above sea-level .
- The cream rose to the top some time ago .
- Mrs. smith teaches the rising fives .
- the act of changing location in an upward direction
同義詞：ascent, ascension, ascending
- increase in price or value; "the news caused a general advance on the stock market"
- the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises
同義詞：upgrade, rising slope
- the amount a salary is increased; "he got a 3% raise"; "he got a wage hike"
同義詞：raise, wage hike, hike, wage increase, salary increase
- an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
同義詞：boost, hike, cost increase
- a growth in strength or number or importance
- (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; "the emanation of the Holy Spirit"; "the rising of the Holy Ghost"; "the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son"
- a wave that lifts the surface of the water or ground
- a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
同義詞：rising, ascent, ascension
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn''t make it up the rise"
同義詞：ascent, acclivity, raise, climb, upgrade
- get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
同義詞：get up, turn out, arise, uprise
- return from the dead; "Christ is risen!"; "The dead are to uprise"
- increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
同義詞：go up, climb
- rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
同義詞：jump, climb up
- become more extreme; "The tension heightened"
- go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
同義詞：wax, mount, climb
- exert oneself to meet a challenge; "rise to a challenge"; "rise to the occasion"
- become heartened or elated; "Her spirits rose when she heard the good news"
- move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
同義詞：lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great
同義詞：ascend, move up
- come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
同義詞：come up, uprise, ascend
- increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
- rise to one''s feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
同義詞：arise, uprise, get up, stand up
- come to the surface
同義詞：surface, come up, rise up
- take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
同義詞：rebel, arise, rise up
- come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
同義詞：originate, arise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow
- rise up; "The building rose before them"