- 更多例句： 下一頁
- The timber carries the whole weight of the roof .
- The roof collapsed under the weight of the snow .
- Feliks was kneeling on the peak of the roof .
- Hailstones were rattling on the roofs .
- The roof needs attention , i.e. to be repaired .
- a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
- an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space; "the roof of the cave was very high"; "I could see the roof of the bear''s mouth"
- provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof
A roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a building. A roof protects the building and its contents from the effects of weather and the invasion of animals.