- a rule: 那是極平常的一件事; 通常照例
- as a rule: 規章，規則；通常，照例; 通常照例; ...
- be the rule: 普通情況；慣常的事
- Bismarck ruled germany by a strong hand .
- Rule was slipping, thought pamela .
- Bismarch ruled germany by a strong hand .
- She must be made to comply with the rules .
- Mr. smith challenged chairman's ruling .
- measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
同義詞：convention, normal, pattern, formula
- a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior; "it was his rule to take a walk before breakfast"; "short haircuts were the regulation"
- (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems; "he determined the upper bound with Descartes'' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
- a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system; "the principle of the conservation of mass"; "the principle of jet propulsion"; "the right-hand rule for inductive fields"
- a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct; "their principles of composition characterized all their works"
- any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order; "the rule of St. Dominic"
- prescribed guide for conduct or action
- directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted; "he knew the rules of chess"
- (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- dominance or power through legal authority; "France held undisputed dominion over vast areas of Africa"; "the rule of Caesar"
- the duration of a monarch''s or government''s power; "during the rule of Elizabeth"
- keep in check; "rule one''s temper"
- decide with authority; "The King decreed that all firstborn males should be killed"
- decide on and make a declaration about; "find someone guilty"
- mark or draw with a ruler; "rule the margins"
- exercise authority over; as of nations; "Who is governing the country now?"
- be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
同義詞：predominate, dominate, reign, prevail
- have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac