[ 'setlmənt ] 發音: 用"settlement"造句
- in settlement of: 解決
- a foreign settlement: 外國人留居區
- a hasty settlement: 倉促決斷
- We must impose restraints on wage settlements .
- I enclose a check in settlement of your account .
- Their settlement were submerged .
- The two countries made settlement by amicable arrangement .
- Settlement had always been prompt .
- termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities
- the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies; "the British colonization of America"
- something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "they finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
- a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it
- a community of people smaller than a town
同義詞：village, small town
- a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state''s system of government; "the American colony in Paris"
- an area where a group of families live together