〔英國〕(任期一年的)名譽郡長〔正式名稱為 High S-〕；(某些城市的)行政司法長官；〔美國〕縣的行政司法長官。 dance at the sheriff's ball 被處絞刑。 sheriff's hotel 〔俚語〕監獄。 sheriff's sale 強制拍賣。
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Or have him evicted by the sheriff .
- He found it necessary to shoot a sheriff .
- I had no intentions of being caught by the sheriff .
- The new sheriff decided to enforce the law with rigour .
- The right wrist of the sheriff was all but dislocated .
- the principal law-enforcement officer in a county
In principle, a sheriff is a legal official with responsibility for a county. In practice, the specific combination of legal, political, and ceremonial duties of a sheriff varies greatly from country to country.