- By strange, wild shores they sailed .
- No one was able to reach the farther shore .
- The boat was moving quickly toward the shore .
- The atlantic shore was the original frontier .
- The big waves combed as they neared the shore .
- a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support
- the land along the edge of a body of water
A shore or shoreline is the fringe of land at the edge of a large body of water, such as an ocean, sea, or lake. In physical oceanography, a shore is the wider fringe that is geologically modified by the action of the body of water past and present, while the beach is at the edge of the shore, representing the intertidal zone where there is one.