(slept; slept )
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Harriet slept at hantfield that night .
- You don't mind sleeping in that bed, do you ?
- My spirits exhausted i slept very soundly .
- We cannot afford to sleep away our life .
- They dissipate all night and sleep all day .
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
同義詞：rest, eternal rest, eternal sleep, quietus
- a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended; "he didn''t get enough sleep last night"; "calm as a child in dreamless slumber"
- a torpid state resembling deep sleep
- a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn''t time for a nap"
Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or absent consciousness, relatively suspended sensory activity, and inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles.Macmillan Dictionary for Students Macmillan, Pan Ltd.