- The typewriter were spewing out status reports .
- The current status of the problem is much improved .
- The private car was still a cherished status symbol .
- These are the things that give science its status and nobility .
- He is a person who is trying to improve his status in society .
- a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
- the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society; "he had the status of a minor"; "the novel attained the status of a classic"; "atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in American life"