- storm petrel ＝stormy petrel.
- storm: n. 1.暴風雨，暴風雪，大雪雨，大 ...
- petrel: n. 1.【動物；動物學】海燕〔相傳 ...
- storm-petrel: 暴風海燕
- A covey of gulls , storm petrels , rises hungrily from liffey slime with banbury cakes in their beaks
- any of various small petrels having dark plumage with paler underparts
Storm petrels are seabirds in the family Hydrobatidae, part of the order Procellariiformes. These smallest of seabirds feed on planktonic crustaceans and small fish picked from the surface, typically while hovering.