- 更多例句： 下一頁
- Red strains of delicious are being planted .
- He is straining under their pressure .
- The relations between the two countries are strained .
- It was a great strain on my resources .
- Then the orchestra played a quick-step strain .
- the act of singing; "with a shout and a song they marched up to the gates"
- an intense or violent exertion
- an effortful attempt to attain a goal
同義詞：striving, nisus, pains
- the general meaning or substance of an utterance; "although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument"
- a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence; "she was humming an air from Beethoven"
同義詞：tune, melody, air, melodic line, line, melodic phrase
- a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats"; "he created a new strain of sheep"
- (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups; "a new strain of microorganisms"
同義詞：form, variant, var.
- (physics) deformation of a physical body under the action of applied forces
- injury to a muscle (often caused by overuse); results in swelling and pain
- (psychology) nervousness resulting from mental stress; "his responsibilities were a constant strain"; "the mental strain of staying alert hour after hour was too much for him"
同義詞：mental strain, nervous strain
- difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension; "she endured the stresses and strains of life"; "he presided over the economy during the period of the greatest stress and danger"- R.J.Samuelson
- cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious; "he got a phone call from his lawyer that tensed him up"
同義詞：tense, tense up
- alter the shape of (something) by stress; "His body was deformed by leprosy"
- to exert much effort or energy; "straining our ears to hear"
- use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity; "He really extended himself when he climbed Kilimanjaro"; "Don''t strain your mind too much"
- rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender; "puree the vegetables for the baby"
- remove by passing through a filter; "filter out the impurities"
同義詞：filter, filtrate, separate out, filter out
- separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
- become stretched or tense or taut; "the bodybuilder''s neck muscles tensed;" "the rope strained when the weight was attached"
- test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"