- The reverend gentleman hit upon yet another means of helping the poor .
- Similarly, urian oakes (1631-81) touches a nerve of agony in these lines of his laborious "elegy upon the death of the reverend mr. thomas" (1677) .
- Captain : what else did the reverend mother say
- I ' m the reverend veasey , have i seen you in church
- Cried the reverend mr . wilson , more harshly than before
The Reverend is a style most often used as a prefix to the names of Christian clergy and ministers. There are sometimes differences in the way the style is used in different countries and church traditions.