- But the negotiations proved long and tortuous .
- Haig kept me informed of his tortuous discussions with nixon on the subject .
- There stirred in her a tortuous impulse to push the matter toward decision .
- She went out of the town by a tortuous back street, and drove slowly along, unconscious of the road and the scene .
- Life is but a hard and tortuous journey
- not straightforward; "his tortuous reasoning"
- highly complex or intricate and occasionally devious; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "Byzantine methods for holding on to his chairmanship"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months"
同義詞：Byzantine, convoluted, involved, knotty, tangled
- marked by repeated turns and bends; "a tortuous road up the mountain"; "winding roads are full of surprises"; "had to steer the car down a twisty track"
同義詞：twisting, twisty, winding, voluminous