塔，樓塔；城堡；碉堡；要害地；〔罕用語〕(負傷鳥的)筆直向上飛；〔美國〕鐵路信號所。 a bell tower 鐘樓。 a keep tower 城樓。 a martello tower 【歷史】海岸圓炮塔。 a watch tower 望樓。 a water tower 給水塔；(水庫泄水口的)水塔。 the T- (of London) 倫敦塔。 tower and town 〔詩〕有人家的地方。 tower of ivory 象牙塔。 tower+更多解釋...
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- His big body towers over the others .
- The tower collapsed in a heap of ruin .
- Then they broke out the towering mountains .
- The towers are surfaced with steel plates .
- The towers are 170 ft above the caisson .
- a structure taller than its diameter; can stand alone or be attached to a larger building
- a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
同義詞：tugboat, tug, towboat
- anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower; "the test tube held a column of white powder"; "a tower of dust rose above the horizon"; "a thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite"
A tower is a tall structure, usually taller than it is wide, often by a significant margin. Towers are distinguished from masts by their lack of guy-wires.