1.鎮，市鎮，城鎮〔狹義：大于 village (村)而非 city(市)的地方。廣義：和 country (鄉村)相對而言時，不獨 city和 borough (自治市)，連 urban district 市(區)亦可稱為 town。有 market 或 fair (市集)的小于 urban district 的村落，亦稱為town。 美國 New England 各州把相當于 city，無行政機關，僅有 town meeting 的自治市稱為tow+更多解釋...
- 更多例句： 下一頁
- We are going to town to see the illuminations .
- Oxford 's twin town in france is leon .
- The population gravitates towards the town .
- As a matter of fact, the town was at peace .
- Please look me up when you are in town again .
- the people living in a municipality smaller than a city; "the whole town cheered the team"
- an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city; "they drive through town on their way to work"
- an administrative division of a county; "the town is responsible for snow removal"
A town is a human settlement larger than a village but smaller than a city. The size definition for what constitutes a "town" varies considerably in different parts of the world, so that, for example, many "small towns" in the United States would be regarded as villages in the United Kingdom, while many British "small towns" would qualify as cities in the United States.