- For this reason new valves were developed .
- The safety valve of his anger opened .
- Streams are switched by solenoid valves .
- The valve shown has a pilot and a bleed orifice .
- The vacuum valve opens to admit air .
- one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
- the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it