- Nonlinear data exhibit considerable variation .
- The variations and permutations were endless .
- He can discriminate minute variations in tone .
- Severe variations deform the discharge curves .
- The variation of the corrections is typical .
- an activity that varies from a norm or standard; "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard; "who is responsible for these variations in taxation?"
- (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard; "he patented a variation on the sandal"
- something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"
同義詞：version, variant, edition
- a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
同義詞：mutant, mutation, sport
- (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth''s moon)
- the process of varying or being varied
- the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
同義詞：magnetic declination, magnetic variation
* Genetic diversity, differences within a species