- Angular momentum is an axial vector quantity .
- These are inserted into a cloning vector .
- The vector product is said to be anticommutative .
- Bold type is often used for vectors .
- The strain vector is a scalar quantity .
- (genetics) a virus or other agent that is used to deliver DNA to a cell
- a variable quantity that can be resolved into components
- any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease; "mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever"; "fleas are vectors of the plague"; "aphids are transmitters of plant diseases"; "when medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects"
- a straight line segment whose length is magnitude and whose orientation in space is direction