音標：[ mæn ] 讀音:
過去式:manned 完成式:manned 名詞複數:men 進行式:manning
- The man in the street is opposed to this idea .
- There is a new spirit rising in men .
- That was a very large and whiskered man .
- But the other men were afraid to meddle .
- The man felt that his position was bad enough .
- He behaved honestly, and like a man .
- Such is one sample of the earliest true men .
- A man of moral integrity never resorts to deception .
- Jerry : man , you are really aggressive !
- A man whose like we shall not see again
- any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
同義詞：homo, human being, human,
- all of the living human inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind'' because `mankind'' seemed to slight the women"
同義詞：world, human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind,
- game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman); "there were two women and six men on the bus"
- a male person who plays a significant role (husband or lover or boyfriend) in the life of a particular woman; "she takes good care of her man"
- an adult male person who has a manly character (virile and courageous competent); "the army will make a man of you"
- the generic use of the word to refer to any human being; "it was every man for himself"
- a male subordinate; "the chief stationed two men outside the building"; "he awaited word from his man in Havana"
- someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force; "two men stood sentry duty"
同義詞：serviceman, military man, military personnel,
- a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer; "Jeeves was Bertie Wooster''s man"
同義詞：valet, valet de chambre, gentleman, gentleman''s gentleman,
- provide with workers; "We cannot man all the desks"; "Students were manning the booths"
- take charge of a certain job; occupy a certain work place; "Mr. Smith manned the reception desk in the morning"
- manとは意味：１man n. 男; ひとかどの男, 男らしい男; 人, 人間; 大人; 夫, 亭主; 愛人, 情夫; 部下, 従業員; 兵; 〔チェッカー チェス〕 駒(こま).【動詞＋】◆act the man 男らしく行動する◆crown a man 〔チェッカー〕 ある駒に別の駒を重ねてキングにならせる◆encourage one's men 部下を督勵する◆At last she has got her...