音標：[ mə'tiəriəl ] 發音:
- The book has been supplemented with new material .
- This tumor has gelatinous material within it .
- Lasers can also be used to purify materials .
- All necessary materials should be on hand .
- The material must be free of fiber clumps .
- No material is perfectly transparent .
- All these waste materials can sell for money .
- The non-absorbed material is removed .
- She made a cushion out of odd bits of material .
- Energy and raw material costs are skyrocketing .
- having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary; "the substantial world"; "a mere dream, neither substantial nor practical"; "most ponderous and substantial things"- Shakespeare
- derived from or composed of matter; "the material universe"
- having material or physical form or substance; "that which is created is of necessity corporeal and visible and tangible" - Benjamin Jowett
- directly relevant to a matter especially a law case; "his support made a material difference"; "evidence material to the issue at hand"; "facts likely to influence the judgment are called material facts"; "a material witness"
- concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being; "material needs"; "the moral and material welfare of all good citizens"- T.Roosevelt
- concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests; "material possessions"; "material wealth"; "material comforts"
- artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers; "the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"; "woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"; "she measured off enough material for a dress"
同義詞：fabric, cloth, textile,
- things needed for doing or making something; "writing materials"; "useful teaching materials"
- information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form; "the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography"
- a person judged suitable for admission or employment; "he was university material"; "she was vice-presidential material"
- the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "coal is a hard black material"; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
- materialとは意味：１material n. 物質; 原料, 材料; 資料, 教材; 用具, 道具; (服などの)生地.【動詞＋】◆These incidents afford ample material for satire. 《文語》 こういう(よからぬ)出來事は風刺の材料をたっぷり提供する◆amass materials for… …の材料を集める◆assemble materials into a stru...