音標：[ ˌmeri'triʃəs ] 讀音:用"meretricious"造句"meretricious"怎麼讀"meretricious"的同義詞
- The perspective just as moral truths, that are presented in their simplicity without the meretricious aids of ornament or glitter .
- Meretricious finery to deceive the eye
- The books on her father s shelves , the paintings on the walls , the music on the piano - all was just so much meretricious display
- A wide range of books on cryptography is available from bookshops , libraries which haven t been reduced through misguided management policies and lack of funds to stocking only meretricious junk , and from various online sources
- I have seen in his face a far different expression from that which hardens it now while she is so vivaciously accosting him ; but then it came of itself : it was not elicited by meretricious arts and calculated manoeuvres ; and one had but to accept it - to answer what he asked without pretension , to address him when needful without grimace - and it increased and grew kinder and more genial , and warmed one like a fostering sunbeam
- like or relating to a prostitute; "meretricious relationships"
- based on pretense; deceptively pleasing; "the gilded and perfumed but inwardly rotten nobility"; "meretricious praise"; "a meretricious argument"
- tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
同義詞：brassy, cheap, flash, flashy, garish, gaudy, gimcrack, loud, tacky, tatty, tawdry, trashy,