- This finding established the relationship of TTV with the Circoviridae family.
- PCV is a member of the virus family Circoviridae.
- Two examples include the Circoviridae and Parvoviridae.
- DuCV has been clustered in the " Circoviridae " family genus " Circovirus ", according to the eighth report of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses.
- While bearing some similarity to members of the group Circoviridae, it lacks sequence homology with any known viruses, and it is believed to be the first known member of a new family of viruses.
- Some Orphan Viruses include Adeno-Associated Virus ( Parvoviridae ), Human herpesvirus 7 ( Herpesviridae ), Human foamy virus ( Retroviridae ), Human Reovirus ( Reoviridae ), Hepatitis G ( Flaviviridae ), and TT Virus ( Circoviridae ).
- The smallest viral genomes the ssDNA circoviruses, family " Circoviridae " code for only two proteins and have a genome size of only two kilobases; the largest the pandoraviruses have genome sizes of around two megabases which code for about 2500 proteins.