- Three Class 90s were repainted in First ScotRail livery with EWS logos.
- The Class 90 was the first new locomotive to carry InterCity Swallow livery.
- The original allocated locomotives were the Class 90 introduced in the late 1980s.
- Traction became more mixed following the arrival of British Rail Class 90s in 1988.
- Many Class 90 locomotives have received names.
- The Class 90s'reliability improved and the borrowed locos were returned to their owners.
- Class 90s to cover for Class 91s; one was repainted in GNER livery but not dedicated to the franchise.
- The Class 90 locomotives won the Silver Spanner award for InterCity rolling stock at the Annual National Rail Awards 2009.
- The first day of the new franchise saw two Class 90 locomotives unveiled in the company's new livery.
- The carriages were painted in FirstGroup's corporate blue, pink and white livery as were three Class 90s.