- In 2005, Wee Kim Wee and Devan Nair, two former Presidents, died.
- Among those who attended the rally were Lee Kuan Yew, Toh Chin Chye and Devan Nair.
- Some have fled the country, including former Solicitor General Francis Seow and former President Devan Nair.
- Some nine hundred people were arrested, including Lim Chin Siong, Fong Swee Suan and Devan Nair.
- The NTUC's founder, Devan Nair, was a PAP stalwart and later served as President of Singapore.
- *( 1 ) ( Just like Devan Nair ( the former President of Singapore ) is Singaporean.
- Once during his political action during the 1950s, Devan Nair was detained in a Singapore prison by the British government.
- Wee assumed the post of the acting President of Singapore for two days when Devan Nair stepped down as President.
- The political bloc ran in the PAP won only one seat that by Devan Nair, who represented the Bangsar constituency.
- More left-leaning Indian leaders and intellectuals, such as C . V . Devan Nair and James Puthucheary initially supported more radically left-wing groups.