- lars bender: 拉爾斯·本德
- lars hansen: 拉爾斯·漢森
- lars hernquist: 拉爾斯·赫恩奎斯特
- :It's also proven in Lars Ahlfors'classic textbook " Complex analysis ".
- He completed his PhD at Harvard University in 1959 . His doctoral supervisor was Lars Ahlfors.
- His first and most famous doctoral student was Lars Ahlfors, one of the first two Fields Medal recipients.
- In 1938, Lars Ahlfors generalised the lemma to maps from the unit disk to other negatively curved surfaces:
- To prove the theorem she used a new approach, applying a technique introduced by Lars Ahlfors for conformal mappings.
- After World War II the subject was developed further in this analytic vein, in particular by Lars Ahlfors and Lipman Bers.
- The medal was first awarded in 1936 to Finnish mathematician Lars Ahlfors and American mathematician Jesse Douglas, and it has been awarded every four years since 1950.
- He mentioned in particular geometric aspects of complex analysis covered in Lars Ahlfors's textbook but noted that Stein and Shakarchi also treat some topics Ahlfors skips.
- Royden received his Ph . D . in 1951 at Harvard University under the supervision of Lars Ahlfors with thesis " Harmonic functions on open Riemann surfaces ".
- Also see Lars Ahlfors'book on the topic ( or any of a few dozen others . . . . talk ) 21 : 47, 20 February 2010 ( UTC)